Sunday, January 27, 2013

DIY

I was browsing through Pinterest the other night when I saw a picture of an Ombre nail art tutorial. 

I'm already familiar of the ombre trend for a very long time now. 

From hair color.


 

To shirts.


 Shorts.

 

Actually, its ombre in just about anything!


Gowns
Lips



Jewelry
Pants
Skirt

Isn't it sooooo cool? I've always wanted to try it on my hair, but my hair's too short, and too resistant to hair color, I don't think it will ever work. So I was happy when I saw that I can do it on my nails too! Eeekkk!

The tutorial looks like this:


Looks pretty easy eh?!



The materials needed are:
1. Nails
2. Nail polish, 2-3 different colors, they can be from the same family color or on the opposite side of the color wheel.
3. Make up sponge or sponge. I used scotch bright sponge. Don't judge. Old make up sponge will do too.
4. Lots of nail polish remover. First timers need a lot of this.
5. Cotton buds.


The tutorial looks pretty easy, so I was like "Meeehhh... I can do that sh*t."
And oh boooy, was I definitely wrong. I don't know how they managed to make it look so easy! 

First problem was getting the right color combination. Choosing 2-3 colors that would jive with each other. I found lots of ideas online, but they didn't look as good. I guess you need to buy the exact polish brand to achieve those looks. I need to make use of the polishes that I have.

Second was the sponge. The first sponge that I used looks like this.





It's too hard and it doesn't absorb the nail polish well. I used new ones so that's probably why it's too stiff. I rummaged other home stuff, and found a scotch bright sponge. It looked promising, so I cut a piece and moisten it a bit. And guess what, it became too soft. Hahaha!! I cut another piece, and this time I kept it dry. To my tired ass surprise, it worked! At last. -_-

Lemme show you what I did. Drum roll please....






OK OK... I know it's not that good... But please forgive me noh?? It's my first time... HAHA!!

As you can see I used a lot of colors. 
One has different shades of blue, the second is black to gray to white, third is yellow to orange, and last one is bronze to light brown.


I did a full manicure on my friend's hand.









I used silver and metallic blue. Her nails remind me of cold winter Christmas.... Hmmmm :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! love it! Ill try it too!

 

Post a Comment

Got something to say?! Say et! :O

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home